Web forms can be embedded smoothly on any web page. With the new 123FormBuilder feature, compact forms, forms fit nicely even in small-width page sections. You can now insert your web forms in narrow columns easily and professionally.
In a compact form, field labels are displayed within input boxes. This reduces form width. When form visitors click on a field, the label is removed and the box is ready for user input. If the form field comes out of focus without being filled out, the label shows up again.
The 123FormBuilder form fields that can be compressed are: Text box, Text area, Number, Email and Website. To create a compact field, go to your Form editor, click on the form field to open its Edit panel and check the Compact field box.
Tips and tricks: Technically, it is not possible to use the Compact field feature for the fields not mentioned above. However, you can replace these fields with text boxes (which do accept compression) and set specific field validation options to achieve the same result. Here’s how to do it:
- Date. Replace Date fields with text boxes and select the Date type of field validation in the Edit panel.
- Time. Replace Time fields with text boxes and select the Time type of field validation in the Edit panel.
- Phone. Replace Phone fields with text boxes or Number fields and set field validation to Numericplus.
- Price. Replace Price fields with text boxes and set field validation to Numericplus.
- Name. Replace the predefined Name field with a text box and use the Alphaspace field validation option.