How to make your forms GDPR compliant with 123FormBuilder
As you all know, the GDPR laws apply to all organizations that process the personal data of EU citizens, even when not operating in the EU territory. This includes all form data you collect with the forms and surveys you build using our form builder. Since most web forms are designed to collect personal information, you need to make the forms compliant. This is a mandatory requirement for any company that has access to personal data.
The GDPR laws protect personal information such as names, phone numbers, addresses, and locations.
- Allow users to correct and/or update their own data. Enable the edit submission feature.
- Send a copy of the completed form to the sender.
- Upon request, form users should be able to contact you whenever they want. Include your contact details on the form. Read more about the “right to be forgotten” law.
- Use multiple-choice fields to state your conditions and receive your users consent.
- Explain why you need their personal data.
- Enable the Reference ID to better track your user’s submissions.
Important Note After you publish/share your form, any new changes to your GDPR form fields will cancel the consent.
Explain why you need their personal data:
- This form collects your name and email address to keep track of [your activity].
- This form collects your email address so that we can add you to our newsletter list.
- The collected information is used for advertising purposes.
- The collected data will be used for research/ to plan an event /to communicate with you.
- I consent to allow my data to be used for [… ]
- I consent to receive newsletters about [… ]
- [Company] has my permission to store and process my personal data.
Our platform is GDPR-compliant. However, if you prefer all your data to be hosted in the EU, please signup and use our EU site.
Read more about the 123FormBuilder GDPR Compliance here.