How to use the 123 Form Builder editor to edit your web forms
The form editor of 123 Form Builder, your trusted online form maker, allows you to create and customize the structure of your web form in any way you want. You can add and edit basic and advanced fields, drag and drop sections, adjust the form layout and preview the result in real-time. The fields panel is placed on the left side of the Form Editor, split into Basic, Specific, and Other fields.
Each element comes with an Edit option that lets you control its appearance and behavior.
As basic fields, you may use:
- Short text fields to request a simple text input from your visitor.
- Long text fields are similar to short text fields, but they allow for more text input. For example, you may use text areas for comments or suggestions.
- Dropdown fields provide several options from which your visitor will have to select one.
- Single choice fields allow users to choose only one item from a list of options.
- Multiple choice fields display as checkboxes. Visitors may tick as many options as they wish.
- File upload fields allow visitors to upload different types of files.
- Heading fields. If you want to mark a new section or subsection in your form, you can do this by using headings.
- HTML block fields allow you to insert customized text sections, links, images, and tables.
Specific fields provide a wide range of options for requesting contact data from your submitters (name, email, address, phone, website), as well as other information, such as date, time, or price.
The majority are self-explanatory, however, others may require further explanation.
- Likert scale field is a rating scale, displayed as a matrix, where you can gain insights about your form users precise opinions and impressions about different statements.
- Repeatable container field groups fields in a container and displays an Add more button at the end. Once the button is clicked the same fields from the container are duplicated.
What you can choose from:
- Page break field allows you to create a multi-page form.
- Image field allows you to upload an image from your device.
- Video field is used to embed a YouTube video of your liking.
- Facebook field is allowing you to add the URL of your Facebook page.
- PDF embed field provides you the option to display a hosted PDF file.
- Google map adds an interactive map on the form.
- Social field. By adding Social Buttons to your forms, you’ll make it very easy for your form visitors to recommend your form on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn.