If you want to add Facebook conversion tracking to your online form, but couldn’t figure out how to do this, simply follow our guide.
You have two options of tracking:
1. Generate your pixel code in your Events Manager on Facebook.
2. Go to Facebook Pixel in Events Manager, select to install Pixel, and copy the entire pixel code from point number 2.
3. Paste it in a text editor like Notepad.
4. As you can see the base code of the script has HTML Tags.
5. In order to incorporate those HTML elements on our side, please go to Settings – Thank you Page – Show HTML Block. Add the highlighted text, as in the above image, in the source code of the HTML block option (the <> button on the top right side of the editor):
Now you have added the HTML. Next, let’s see how to add the actual script.
6. Copy the script part in another Notepad, without the comment line and the HTML tags.
So the code should start with:
And end with:
7. Save the Notepad document with the extension ‘.js‘.
8. Upload the file (document) on a trusted web server (yours recommended).
9. In your 123 Form Builder account, go to My Forms, select your form and go to the Settings – Advanced section.
10. Enable the option Add a JS script to the Thank You page of your form and paste the URL where your .js file is located.
The steps are the same as explained above. Two steps are different. The HTML and the script’s placement will change. Since we are tracking the form’s activity, both will be added directly to the form.
Therefore, at point number 5, incorporate the HTML elements from Facebook pixel into a HTML block field or the Form Header.
At point number 10, enable the option Add a JS script to your form and paste the URL where your .js file is located.
If the steps have been followed correctly, your online form should be already tracked on Facebook.