The 123 Form Builder – Google Calendar integration allows you to create forms from which your visitors can:
You can enable this integration from the Applications section. Select the Google Calendar application from the list and click on Add.
Now follow these steps to enable the Google Calendar integration for your form:
1. Click on Connect to Google Calendar.
2. Click on Allow in order to let the application make any necessary changes to your Google Calendar account.
3. A popup will appear, the Customize panel, where you have to associate Google Calendar fields with 123 Form Builder fields and hit Save. These associations establish how the information is passed to your Google Calendar account.
4. From Usage mode, select the type of action you want: Create a new event or Add an attendee to an existing event.
It’s really recommended that you set as required the fields you’ll need to associate in the Customize panel. This way, there won’t be any errors when creating or attending an event, users being unable to submit your form without completing all the fields. If you do not make the fields required, users may skip some of them and the information will not succeed in your Google Calendar account. In short, even though a submission will pass successfully, if not all fields have been completed, no event will be created or the attendee will not be added to your event.
5. In Error handling (bottom page) you can add your email address, in case your submissions encounter any problems. If you delete an event and later someone is trying to attend it or if you delete a calendar where someone is trying to create an event, you’ll receive an alert in your inbox with details of the submission.
These were the steps for using the Google Calendar application for your form. Below you can find the steps for setting up the two types of actions that this integration allows:
1. On your form, you’ll need to add the fields Name, Date, Time, Email, Number (for Duration), and three Short Text fields (for Location, Description, and Title). Make the fields required, as specified earlier.
2. Afterward, access the Google Calendar integration from the forms Applications section. Select Create a new event from Usage mode, in the Customize panel.
3. In case you have more than one calendar in your Google Calendar account, choose the calendar where you want to create the event. If you have problems finding your desired calendar, press the Refresh button on the right.
4. You can choose to write a title in the assigned box or associate the appropriate field from your form in the dropdown list below. Don’t forget to click Add in order to set the field’s input in the Title box.
5. You can set the duration of the event in two ways:
6. The Description box can be set the same way as the Title.
7. Associate any field you want from the dropdown list for Location.
8. You can allow multiple events to happen at the same time in your Google Calendar account, by enabling this option in the Customize panel.
9. Lastly, click Save, and next time you receive a submission you’ll find the created event in your Google Calendar account like in the example below:
1. For this option, on your form you’ll need to add and set as required only the fields Name and Email.
2. Once you’re done, return to the Google Calendar integration from the Applications section and select Add an attendee to an existing event from Usage mode, within the Customize panel.
3. Select a calendar and make sure that the associations for the Name and Email fields are made correctly in the Attendee details section.
4. In Event details, choose the desired event. Search for it by Date and select its name from the dropdown list below.
5. Lastly, click on Save to finish setting up the integration.