We’ve been working on something! And we’re excited to announce the release of a new form feature – the Scan to Form.
Using machine learning, this tool minimizes the burden of translating paper forms – and even handwriting! – to fillable online forms. More than before, this fresh-from-the-oven document digitization tool will allow you to go paperless in no time.
When should you use Scan to Form?
Let’s say that you couldn’t find a certain form model in our template gallery. Or that you already have a paper form that needs to be digitized.
There are actually several instances that our new tool could address:
- a paper form that needs translating into a web form
- a scanned .JPEG form
- a .PDF form
- a form draft your boss scribbled on paper
If your daily activity revolves around a lot of paper or PDF forms, then it’s probably a good idea to start converting them to web forms. As a plus, electronic forms are easier to share with teams and integrate with other business platforms and databases.
For instance, if you own a real estate business, you could stop wasting time on paper-based processes.
Similarly, if you manage transportation & logistics departments, supply chain visibility would greatly benefit from digital tracking of all operations, from start to finish, thus speeding up data collection and analysis.
The same goes for those who work in a bank, a financial audit company or a governmental agency. With cloud storage safeguarding, you can relax knowing your sensitive data is secure.
Manufacturing processes could also be improved with a more effective workflow integration that doesn’t rely on human error. Automate routing to instantly share service reports, quality assurance documents and to identify production obstacles in real-time.
How does it work?
- First, you need to scan or take a photo of a paper form. It can even be something you drew if it has the basic form fields and labels. If you save it as JPEG, make sure the image has a high resolution (300 DPI). Of course, you can opt for the PDF format
- Go on the 123FormBuilder platform, click on New Form and select the Scan to Form feature
- Import the image/PDF file. This could take some time if you are importing multiple page forms
- In the Preview screen, make adjustments to the form. To this end, you need to click the icon on the left of each bar to set the correct field types from the editor. NB – this process is especially important, as beyond this stage you will not be able to make other field associations
- Click on Create new form – at this point, you will be routed to the form building platform you already know. Make other changes to the digitized form here: drag and drop multiple fields, change the theme, add an e-signature widget, upload images and so on
For a step-by-step guide to importing and converting scanned forms, visit the documentation section.
In brief, with this new tool conversion from paper documents to electronic forms becomes easier and eliminates the need to build a web form from scratch.